Please accept our gratitude for helping my family, most importantly of all for helping my sister."
Alcohol Rehab – London’s Best Clinics at Affordable Rates
London is certainly not the only place in England where alcohol abuse occurs. But the size and population of the capital city suggest there is a higher incidence of alcohol-related problems here than in other parts of the country. Thankfully, alcohol rehab in London is available to anyone in need. Furthermore, it only takes a phone call to our 24-hour helpline to gain access to rehab.
Alcohol rehab is all about helping people in need identify their struggles for what these are, followed by medical and psychotherapeutic treatments that can help them overcome their addiction or abuse. As long as alcohol remains a part of our culture, there will be a need for local rehab centres offering safe and effective treatments.
Are you struggling with an alcohol problem yourself? If not, are you concerned about a family member or friend? Please do not delay in taking action. Contact us and allow one of our counsellors to provide you with the advice and information you need. Treatment is available right here in London, right now. You can access treatment by way of private rehab clinics, independent counsellors, the NHS, alcohol support groups and charities.
Treatment No Matter How Severe Your Problem
There is a false perception out there that only hard-core alcoholics need professional treatment. The reality is, anyone misusing or abusing alcohol can eventually become an alcoholic if treatment is not applied. It is critical for you or your loved one to speak to a professional as soon as possible to prevent the alcohol problem from escalating any further. Simply put, it is best to avoid becoming an alcoholic if you are not yet at that stage. And if you are, there is very little hope for your recovery without professional treatment and support.
We can connect you with alcohol rehab in London regardless of the severity of the problem. For purposes of clarity, there are three levels of alcohol misuse generally recognised within the medical community:
- Problem Drinking – Problem drinking is characterised by occasionally exceeding safe drinking limits as recognised by the government. The problem drinker may consume alcohol most days, only exceeding safe levels a few times per month.
- Alcohol Abuse – Alcohol abuse is characterised by more regularly exceeding safe drinking levels. The alcohol abuser tends to drink throughout the week and may occasionally binge drink on the weekends. Alcohol abuse is just one step away from dependence.
- Alcohol Dependence – Also known as alcoholism, dependence on alcohol is characterised by a need to drink every day, at levels that well exceed government recommendations. Alcoholics experience growing dependence that eventually leads to alcohol becoming the single most controlling factor in the person's life.
Our counsellors are trained to identify the severity of an alcohol problem by conducting a comprehensive assessment of the client. When you contact us, we would be happy to do an assessment for you. We can help you figure out how severe your problem is and then recommend treatment options and rehab centres capable of helping you.
3 Things Treatment Will Do for You
Treatment for alcohol-related problems is based in the knowledge that alcohol is an addictive drug that is just as powerful – if not more so – as other substances such as cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine. Alcohol dependence changes the way the mind functions to the degree that alcoholics are unable to think clearly about their health and personal circumstances. Rehab is designed to interrupt the dependency cycle in order to restore both physical and mental health.
Specifically, there are three things alcohol treatment will do for you:
- Physical Dependence – Alcohol rehab will bring an end to your physical dependence on alcohol by not allowing you to continue drinking while in treatment. This is accomplished through a 7-to-10-day detox programme that is medically supervised at all times. Once physical dependence has been broken, psychotherapy can begin.
- Addiction Understanding – Alcohol rehab will offer you an understanding of addiction and how it works. It will help you come to terms with the root causes of your problem, what triggers your tendencies toward addictive behaviour, and your need to take ownership of what you do. Understanding the intricacies of addiction is critical for long-term recovery.
- Life Skills Development – Lastly, alcohol rehab will enable you to develop and master certain life skills that you can use to live an alcohol-free life once treatment is complete. You will be taught strategies for identifying and avoiding triggers along with effective ways to deal with temptation when it does arise.
A combination of physical and psychotherapeutic treatments addresses alcohol addiction at every level. This is the purpose of alcohol rehab. Comprehensive rehab is superior to detox alone in that it goes above and beyond just physical addiction. We urge you to consider comprehensive alcohol rehab in London if you have been clinically diagnosed as an alcoholic. Comprehensive rehab can be a good choice, even if your problem is less severe.
How We Can Help
We are an organisation committed to helping problem drinkers and their families find solutions. The help we provide begins when you contact us on our 24-hour helpline or by sending a message through our website. Your contact will put you in touch with a counsellor who will listen to everything you have to say and answer all of your questions. We will also:
- offer you a comprehensive assessment of your circumstances
- explain the full range of treatment options available in your area
- recommend the best treatment solutions based on our assessment
- provide you with a referral to the treatment centre of your choice
- help you make arrangements for treatment if you require assistance.
We have helped countless problem drinkers just like you gain access to alcohol rehab in London. We are an independent service provider with no particular ties to any single clinic or treatment programme. This independence allows us to work with the widest range of treatment options. We can help you identify and access just the right kind of treatment that will enable you to achieve victory over your drinking problem.
Please note that all of our services are absolutely free and fully confidential. You can contact us with complete confidence that we have your best interests in mind.
Daniel’s guidance, professional and very heartfelt approach gave us the confidence and determination to go through with it."
- Free advice from a trained alcohol counsellor
- Access the best treatments in the UK and around the world
- Care for the alcoholic AND their family